Anyone can do it? Are you sure? Anyone?
Well let's look at some facts?
Of the 1 in 10 Australian Tax Payers that Invest in Property:
60% earn less than 50k pa,
85% earn less than 80k pa.
So perhaps not anyone can do it. But anyone, or any couple jointly, earning more than $50,000 per annum can do it.
In comparison to other types of investment such as stocks, bonds, forex, commodities, etc Real estate investment makes a lot more sense to a lot more people.
Along with the basics of fresh air, food and water – shelter or a roof over our head, is one of the most basic human needs.
It is for these basic reasons that real estate is a simple and attractive investment.
All wealth creation strategies require discipline, commitment planning and a long term focus
As the old saying goes "you've got to be in it to win it" and you will never make any money as a real estate investor if you never actually invest in real estate.
And once you’re in it – you need to hold on tight for it’s not also a smooth road.
Along with every positive piece of press you may come across about real estate investment, there will probably be a negative article on the facing page of that newspaper.
I have often advised client’s simply to not listen to the press. In fact, don’t even read the newspapers or watch the news. By the time it is in the news it is too late. BY the time the press are talking about a housing boom, it has already boomed. By the time, they are talking about a housing slump, it has already slumped.
A real estate investor has to be ready to ride out the ups and downs of the Australian economy, just like any other investor. Rule one – BUY. Rule two – HOLD as the housing market rises. Rule three – HOLD as the housing market slackens. Rule four – SIMPLY HOLD.
Sometimes residential house prices will go a sky high. At other times, prices will hit rock bottom so fast you will want to jump on the nearest bargain before the end of the day.
The fact of the matter is, real estate investment is a viable option for most of us, and once you get started -- the hardest part is usually done.
The key to becoming a successful real estate investor, no matter who you are, is making the right decisions from the outset. This book will give you all the education and information you need to make your real estate journey a safe and enjoyable experience.
Before you buy learn how
1) Assess the residential property market in the area, the demand and supply, the demographics, the average rental prices and vacancy rates, the infrastructure (both existing and planned) and much, much more. The later chapters of this book will take you through all the things you need to consider in detail.
2) Work out how to get finance, how much can you borrow, how you should structure your finance. More on this later.
3) Decide your strategy – are you looking for positive or negative geared properties, cash flow or capital gain.
4) Work out whose name to buy in? Yours? Your Partners? Joint? Or a Company, Trust or Super Fund.
5) Understand the basic steps in the real estate purchasing transaction
6) Learn how to do due diligence on a property
7) And much more…..
It may sound overwhelming but if you work your way through this book you will know everything you need to know. So hang in there.
So yes, anyone who is willing to learn all the basics of Investing in Real Estate can do it.